Thursday, March 23, 2006

DVL Project 4

This post is project #4 of my Design and Visual Langage class. The project was to confine yourself to a space (any space) and make works of art--or installations--using elements found in that space. The space i chose was the kitchen of the U.S. Hotel. i chose this location because it was one that was familiar to me and i figured that familiarity would work to my advantage while creating.
The first piece is Meat Picasso, this was made from ground beef (85% angus) and sculpted with my hands and kitvchen utensils. The hat is a portabella mushroom carved into that shape.





The second piece is a pig man who reminded me of the owner of this establishement--just kidding, John.



The third piece is a free standing sculpture of me made of tomatoes, olives, bread, blue cheese, red onion, and lemon.



The four piece--which is my favorite--is leper man. This was created with much love and care.





Here's all the boys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home